Important information re: Occupational health and safety – Farm and ranch
The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act sets the minimum standards for protecting waged, non-family farm and ranch workers. These industry-specific rules will come into effect Dec. 1, 2018.
To access the Government of Alberta’s website, which contains critical information regarding these changes, click here.
- New technical rules in the OHS Code will be in effect December 1, 2018 for farms and ranches with waged, non-family workers.
- OHS requirements do not apply to:
- Owners, family members, or volunteers of a farm or ranch operation.
- The private residence including areas around the home, backyard or garden.
- Recreational activities such as horseback riding or hunting.